Parrot boot up in TTY console, no GUI

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hi community, im having some issues with a new fresh install of Parrot (Security or Home) After formating the HDD with zeros (0) and try to install Parrot the system boot in TTY(x) console and most of the times the GUI doesn’t start. I’ve beeing doing some research and the problems seems related to Intel Graphics drivers (the hardware that i’m using is a notebook Acer EA50) But the problem after booting on tty is that i cannot connect to internet to make an update/upgrade. I also read that blocking nouveau driver would work, but it didn’t. It’s rare that some times the GUI start and not others (most of them) I also read that could be related to xerver-xorg-video-intel. Also read about startx but every time i tried didn’t work, saying “no package found”
Now i’m using Ubunt and no problem so far, but sincerely…i prefer Parrot i used it for the last 2 years and was a charm.
I opened a post at Reddit looking for comments or suggestions but nothing happened…so i would like to find a solution and make Parrot better for keeping using it.

Thanks in advance (and my bad if this is not the place for this)

What version of Parrot are you running?
Parrot Security 4.7 x64 and Home 4.7 x64

What method did you use to install Parrot?
Parrot Live USB

Configured to multiboot with other systems? No

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/ubuntu-18-04-desktop-boots-to-tty1-instead-of-gui-4175656723/

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?17376-Kali-boot-s-in-text-mode-No-GUI-at-all

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Welcome to the forums medizen :slight_smile:

This is a strange case.

Did it finish the entire installation process? (ie: did it freeze or did you reboot comp before finalizing/exiting install)

I note your post says you used Parrot’s Live Installer. Most issues that occur using the Parrot Live Installer are fixed when choosing direct install option from boot menu itself. Try installing again but instead of using the installer inside the live boot, choose the install choice directly on the boot menu.

Below is boot menu screenshot. Try the “Install” or “Advanced options” to install.

parrotinstall

If you don’t want to reinstall, you could try upgrading using parrot-upgrade command, but I noticed you said you had no internet (you can use wpa_supplicant command to setup internet via console or directly connect ethernet if you have a port).

Please let us know how this goes :slight_smile:

Hi Birdlover!
Thanks for your reply!! :smiley:
The last 2 days i’d being trying to install Parrot (Home) First day the problem showed up after “sudo parrot-upgrade”, but i realize that when i try to uninstall the app xvkbd other libraries are removed also like xserver-xorg-video . After the second day of trying, i decided not to remove that app or xterminal end so far everything works fine.
I’ll be doing more troubleshooting and reopen a top if needed.
Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.