Parrot crash: Brave Browser or Parrot fault?

hello everyone, I use parrot for a year and I found myself well. Today I updated the operating system (apt autoremove and then apt full-upade). I noticed that after a few minutes of using the PC (on the internet) the PC freezes. I do not understand if the problem is the browser BRAVE, which for a few days is giving me numerous navigation problems as it is extremely slow or the problem is the operating system. Any ideas to solve the problem? Thanks to those who will help me.

Some info:
DISTRIB_ID=Parrot
DISTRIB_RELEASE=4.11
DISTRIB_CODENAME=rolling
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Parrot OS 4.11”
PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot OS 5.1 (Electro Ara)”
NAME=“Parrot OS”
VERSION_ID=“5.1”
VERSION=“5.1 (Electro Ara)”
VERSION_CODENAME=ara
ID=parrot
ID_LIKE=debian

kernel log - Pastebin.com (kernel log)

kernel log 2 - Pastebin.com (kernel log2)

See other reply for the 3 kernel log.

I also check in $HOME/.config/BraveSoftware and I don’t find any crash log (strange…). Now I’m using Mozilla and PC freeze too. I honestly don’t know what to do.

kernel log3 - Pastebin.com Kernel log3

Hi Bob,

It looks like you are having issues with the nouveau video driver for your NVidia graphics card. I’m out of the area of expertise on such cards. What is your output for

lspci | grep VGA

thanks for the reply. the result is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM204 [GeForce GTX 970] (rev a1)

I tried to boot the system with nouveau drivers disabled (you know… in grub I selected no nvidia driver, I have windows and parrot on my hd) but the problem recurred, as I think you saw from the logs. I think, however, the problem of the freeze occurred both when the PC was started with the normal mode and with the video drivers disabled. with the video drivers disabled the brave browser was back to being as before, super fast!! But then the system crashed anyway.

also find this:

$cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/mds
Mitigation: Clear CPU buffers; SMT vulnerable

is a problem??

Have you run fsck on the drive?

SMT vulnerable means your PC is open to the speculative execution bug (Ghost\Spectre). You might be able to disable hyperthreading through your BIOS, but there will be a performance cost in doing so.

Other thoughts:

Boot off a live OS and see if the freezing occurs while running a few programs. This will help verify it’s not a hardware issue.

If it freezes while using a live OS, install memtest86+ to make it a bootable option in Grub to run a memory corruption scan.

Hi, I was not at my home unable to boot the pc with the problem.
Btw I find something on google and I see the problem is the nouveau driver.
I remove it from the folder and seems thing go better but I dont have hardware acceleration, but I have another big problem, I do another thread.