Parrot for Pi

It looks like the official Parrot OS Raspberry Pi builder is located on GitHub?

And the image builder is here

I noticed it would try to build Parrot 3.5 (very old build) if I had the proper signing key. Should I bother tinkering with anything or just leave this alone until a competent developer has time to work on it? I’m willing to assist in testing (on a 3B+), but I imagine any possible future focus would mainly be on the Raspberry Pi 4. My apologies for creating a Raspberry Pi post, when there are others. I tried the latest headless image for Raspberry Pi, but am having lack of knowledge issues setting up wireless from the command line. LOL

┌─[a-man@parrot]─[~/ParrotPi/parrot-arm-builder/armhf]
└──╼ $sudo make
set -e; sudo lb build 2>&1 | tee parrotsec-standard-3.5-armhf-1.build-log.txt
[2021-01-07 14:37:28] lb build
P: live-build 1:20191221parrot1
P: Building config tree for a debian/parrot/armhf system
[2021-01-07 14:37:28] lb bootstrap
P: Setting up cleanup function
[2021-01-07 14:37:28] lb bootstrap_cache restore
P: Restoring bootstrap stage from cache…
[2021-01-07 14:37:28] lb bootstrap_debootstrap
P: Begin bootstrapping system…
P: If the following stage fails, the most likely cause of the problem is with your mirror configuration or a caching proxy.
P: Running debootstrap (download-only)…
I: Checking Release signature
E: Release signed by unknown key (key id B56FFA946EB1660A)
The specified keyring config/archives/parrot.key.chroot may be incorrect or out of date.
You can find the latest Debian release key at https://ftp-master.debian.org/keys.html

I see now that there has been recent activity on linux-rpi.

Parrot is, in my opinion, the best pentesting and security distro in existence. It may be a bit rough around the edges sometimes, but the developers work hard to fix any issues that users discover.

There are 3 platforms where Kali Linux has an edge: Kali Nethunter for Android phones, Kali for ARM devices (such as the Raspberry Pi, etc.), and Kali for older x86-based PCs.

Hmm we have only 1 member who handles ARM build but he is very busy right now so well… still pending.

1 Like