Parrot home to parrort security via T

Hi
I’m just wondering if there is a way to download the budle of tools that parrot security has on to home as my friend dual booted my laptop with home as the security one was a bit dogey at times.

Parrot home 4.14.0-parrot13-amd64

Debian Standard
I am dual booting

1 Like

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo apt install parrot-tools-full

1 Like

Are the system requirements same for parrot home and parrot Security ?

No, Parrot Security is a bit heavier because of the tools

system requirements are the same for parrot home and parrot security, because both of them have the same RAM footprint

Parrot Security requires a lot more storage space, and it includes a lot of system services that the Home edition does not include, but because we modified the systemd service rules to NOT auto-start network services at boot, all the additional services pre-installed in Parrot Security will not be started at boot.

This is why both Parrot Security and Parrot Home have the same boot times and average memory footprint.

Of course the upgrade process of the Security edition requires way more time, network bandwidth and temporary storage space. A system with more pre-installed packages is a system that have more packages to keep up to date over time.

My suggestion is to always have the latest Parrot Security ISO in live on a usb thumb and use Parrot Home as your installed system, and eventually install only the security tools you really need on top of it.

1 Like