- Install xfce4
sudo apt install xfce4 xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin arc-theme moka-icon-theme xfce4-power-manager
- Install software (optional):
- Change your theme to arc-dark, icon to moka
- Disable (or modify) compositor setting in
windows manager tweak
- Modify panel
- Add keyboard shortcut:
- Modify power-manager settings
- Why you should install?
- XFCE4 is faster than MATE (My MATE still has delay)
- You can make XFCE4 looks beautiful
- For fun, for new feeling
- Why you shouldn’t install?
- Lack of features, you have to install 3rd party software for better experiences
- Lack of hotkeys, you have to spend time for this
- Doesn’t supported by Parrot devs
- Its performance is worse than other OSes (maybe) - Parrot is having compositor and so much application shortcuts (at least for Security OS version). XFCE have to load them all.
- Lock screen is having issue
- My screenshots