Parrot MATE forced to CTRL ALT F1 and kill X

I have unfortunately absolutely noooo idea of where to start with that problem … but more often than I would like to my lightdm needs to be killed…

thats really odd. the screen simply stop to be responding but the cursor is working perfectly ( i mean moving ) but no click working etc…

im forced to go in alt terminal with CTRL ALT F-key and logon then restart lightdm…

i dont know how to diagnose it…

I have a Razer Blade i7 integrated intel graphic card from 2016

thats about it.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Latest version, full distuprade and installed from iso usb key downloaded on your website.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
installed with GTK graphical installer + running MATE
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes
irrelevent
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi,

can you disable power saving and screensaver for testing?

apprentely, it clearly have something to do with the graphic card… OR video codec…

last days ive been leaing the computer idle, so, screensaver would go on and i assume power saving function too…

the computer isnt frozen

BUT if i leave a tab open of a youtube video or whatever it happens…

pls check the logs and try to switch to another shell if this is possible (think strg + alt + F12)

would you be kind enought to lemme know what logs or you would like me to check ?

not to be picky theres a bunch of optionn and I said at first, unfortunately I just really dont know where to start from …

good question. maybe the /var/log/Xorg.0.log and the .xsession-errors from $home.
there are some other user having the same problems. think its the graphic card driver.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.