Parrot Operating System Dual boot

– Please Write here your help request –
I’m trying to install Parrot OS alongside Windows 10 in dual boot and I keep getting this error, Can someone help please ?

Boost.Python error in job “bootloader”.
Command ‘grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Parrot --force’ returned non-zero exit status 1.
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: error: /boot/efi doesn’t look like an EFI partition.

Traceback:
File “/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py”, line 477, in run
prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File “/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py”, line 449, in prepare_bootloader
install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File “”, line 5, in

• ParrotOS iso in use:

• Application used for flashing the iso:

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

1 Like

Yep I had the same issue

I’m having the same issue.

I managed solving this by using the KDE version and booting it failsafe nomode.

I’m trying to dual boot windows 10 and parrot security but in the installing the system process it is stuck at 4% for 2 hours and I don’t think that’s normal , can someone help me please?

Hello! Yeah that’s definitely not normal. Also welcome to the forum!

So it looks like your issue is something different than what’s going on here, so here’s what you wanna do to get your issue seen by more members and get more relevant answers. First off, create a new post! That way the entire thread can be focused on the issue you’re having and more people will see it since it’ll surface on the homepage instead of relying on someone finding it while reading a different issue (like me).

Another thing that goes a long way in both getting people interested in helping out and then providing quality responses is to include as much information you can about what’s going on. So in your case stuff like what kind of hardware you’re running, availbale internet connection during install, how you created your boot media… over-share. Gathering logs/screen-shots and taking note of any warnings/errors will also help us help you.

I’d say if you still are having the issue try it again and record as much info as you can, and throw it in a new post and I’ll take a look.

Ok so looks like the installer is mad cause the partition it wants to use for EFI… is not formatted for an EFI partition. This happens a lot and is super confusing because of legacy vs UEFI vs varying hardware platforms. So let’s dig in a bit. If the install is crashing because that partition isn’t set up for EFI, we can start with finding out what it is set up for.

Open up a terminal in your live session (where you’re installing from) and run:
lsblk -fs

This will list all the partitions and their file-system types. Post that here and we can get a sense of how your drives are configured, and what we might have to do to make that partition happy.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.