Parrot OS 4.1 dual monitor problem

Briefly describe your issue below:

I don’t know how to explane but I just can’t do dual view on Parrot OS?? my main monitor is on HDMI port and my secondary monitor is on displayport/vga convertor port, I have problem with second one picture is like in some kind glitch mode but I can see cursor perfect, I know I have GTX 1050 graphics I know that card isn’t on list for drivers but still this shouldn’t happen :S
https://imgur.com/a/7aVsNOq
I have dueal boot with win 7 and both monitors work perfect… pls help

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot OS security 4.1 x64 MATE
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
GTK
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Windows 7
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
no just picture in my main text here

I also am running a Nvidia 1050 card need to remove the Nouveau driver and install the Nvidia 390.*** Don’t forget to remove your existing driver and reboot after you have installed the new driver. Not sure what happened with Nouveau but doesn’t always work right. Might want to make sure what video card you have and run from terminal $ lspci -v it will also tell which driver you are running.

why?? I know I have GTX 1050 in my PC case :slight_smile:
“install the Nvidia 390” which driver is that??? some link maybe or something?
P.S I don’t do “apt-get install nvidia-driver bumblebee-nvidia” procedure and bumblebee.conf?

Run lspci -v so you know what driver is installed … and you are lucky the Parrot folks made it easy for you … you can search Synaptics for the driver to remove and then search NVIDIA you will see the 390.67 driver there! Good luck… its alot of reading!!

now I\m in bigger problem then before, I uninstalled nouveau and installed 390.47 bc that was the only one in Synaptics now my keyboard and mouse froze on loggin screen :smiley:

u can close topic I’m back on blackArch now I can work as before, I left parrot os sec on my laptop only there I have no problem with Intel HD 3000 :smiley:

Ok well good luck, Blackarch has the same issue with Nouveau driver, I had the same issue with their newest one. But for those that want to stay on Parrot, you will need to enable Debian Backports ( https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ ) Then in Synaptics uninstall Nouveau driver, then search Nvidia 390 then select NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, synaptics will pull in the dependncies, reboot and you are good.

1 Like

Parrot is kinda same as Kali, but on Kali u can just black list Nouveau and just apt-get install nvidia-driver nvidia-xconfig it will auto install 390.62 driver and u are set :wink:

Well there you go. Have fun destro hopping.

1 Like

I did what you mentioned, now however after selecting parrot in grub, it loads to a blackscreen. Am I locked out and have to reinstall the OS again?

Is there a way to load terminal to attempt some fixes

I changed quiet in boot menu to nomodset, it loaded and I can see the screen. Nvidia is displaying everything in large size, there doesn’t appear to be a way to change that. Any ideas on how to fix. The font size hasn’t changed.

I’m a noob, but to access terminal… use CTRL +ALT + F1 gets you to TTY and use CTRL+ALT + F7 will get you back to GUI… click System then help gives you keyboard shortcuts…

Yeah CTRL+ALT+ F1t through F6 will get you 6 virtual terminals and as in4ms said F7 takes you out of the terminal. Use the virtual terminal to kill all and restart Xorg related processes to fix your video issues.
Post a recent copy of /var/log/Xorg…log need alot more info to get a idea of what is going wrong.