Parrot os 5.0.1 Electro Ara installation failed package 'grub-efi-amd64' has no installation candidate

*-- installation 50% completed and failed showing external command finished with errors. Command /user/sbin/bootloader-config finished with exit code 100
Output:
Running bootloader-config…
*Installing grub-efi (uefi)
64bit efi implementation Detected - selecting grub-efi-amd64
Reading package lists…
E: Package ‘grub-efi-amd64’ has no installation candidate–

• ParrotOS iso in use:parrot os 5.0.1 electro Ara Security version

• **Application used for flashing the iso:balenaEtcher

• Logs/Terminal output (. Command /user/sbin/bootloader-config finished with exit code 100
    Output:
    Running bootloader-config…
    Installing grub-efi (uefi)
    64bit efi implementation Detected - selecting grub-efi-amd64
    Reading package lists…
    E: Package ‘grub-efi-amd64’ has no installation candidate )
    :**

• Screenshots:

[Uploading: IMG20220517205917.jpg…

Welcome
this report seems to indicate something missing from the ISO, I suspect it is looking for the boot loader,
This is usually caused by either a corrupt download, a bad burn of the ISO to the USB pen drive or even a defective pen drive [did you check the SHA sum prior to trying to install]
Are you installing to hard drive or to VM ?
My first move would be try and install on a different machine, or using a different pen-drive of good quality [cheaper ones are fine for storage but no so as an installation medium]

I have the exact same problem with v5.0.1.
Tried three different pen drives, downloaded ISO from the website and via Torrent as well.
SHA256 matches. Burnt ISO with Rufus 18.
I have no other machine to try atm but it’s a low-end Apollo Lake Celeron laptop with 4GB RAM.
Mint linux installs with no issues (same pendrive). I believe something is off.

I have some partial updates:

• when flashing the drive from linux with balena-etcher both the daily and security ISO files worked fine!
  • used the same usb drive and laptop that failed before
  • when flashing first time (when had the problem) I was using rufus 18

I will update this ticket soon once I test flashing from Windows using balena-etcher and other programs if necessary, and will try both ISO-s (daily and security)
So for now it looks like the problem was caused by Rufus? (or windows10 in general)

Just use etcher. And before you install something, maybe it’s good to try it inside vm first to see if the problem happens.
also there’s a combo key ctrl + alt + 4 to switch to terminal and you can see the error logs

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.