Parrot OS issue of tools on Version 4.6

Just few moments ago I installed Parrot 4.6 Workstation x64 with KDE… After I installed everything I was ready to go then BAM! Not a single hacking tool was present not even nmap…
I wanted to try Parrot OS… But always had problems…and now no tools are installed… The iso size is also 1.6GB… I doubt it is the problem with the image…

Overall, I think the devs have really done a great job…Their hard work paid off… I will try this for few months and see how it goes… This is the only rivalry to Kali Linux… Keep it up! Please fix the issue…

It isnt an issue. You installed the home version instead of the security edition.

You should be able to install all the tools using this command

sudo apt install parrot-tools-full
2 Likes

Yeah I found a script on Github… And used it to download all tools… But, I think an installer script should be pre-installed for complete new users. Since, docs are also not much available…

It is workstation edition, not a security edition.

You don’t need an external script, parrot-tools-full is a meta package that will install all the tools for you.

It’s also mentioned here in the docs https://www.parrotsec.org/docs/getting-started/install-qubes/#optionalinstall-the-penetration-testing-tools

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.