Parrot OS no WiFi connection just Ethernet

– Please Write here your help request –
Hello, I am currently having issues with my Parrot OS. It is not installed directly on a Hard Drive nor SSD yet on Oracle VM. I’ve searched up multiple videos on how to fix it up and get WiFi running instead of just plain Ethernet. Yet the only video I have seen requires a “Network Controller” which it doesn’t show. Yes, my wifi works nicely on my PC. I am really new to Parrot OS and looking for a bit of help.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
    VERSION_ID=“5.0”
    VERSION=“5.0 (Electro Ara)”
    VERSION_CODENAME=arar

• Anonsurf running? (yes/no)
    no

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):
    I do not know how to get logs. As said really new to this. If someone could describe how I can put a comment/edit the post with said log.

• Screenshots:

Image 1: The Terminal with everything listed incase I am missing something
Image 2: Only ethernet connecting
Image 3: Oracle VM network Settings

Any kind of help will be amazing

Hi @KamilKZ

Wi-Fi on a virtual machine only works when using an external USB Wi-Fi adapter. VMs can’t use built-in Wi-Fi adapters directly - they use an emulation networking layer like NAT, Bridge, etc. to use the host’s networking. Using a USB Wi-Fi adapter allows the guest to control the adapter and be used inside the guest.

2 Likes

Hello @Masmer,
Thank you for informing me. I’ve searched for hours to get it sorted. I’ve done this before in Kali Linux where I was able to go around it and install WiFi with no running issues. (Until I “accidentally” destroyed the machine). I’m guessing it’s a little different here. I will get a USB Wi-Fi adapter now! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes