Parrot OS not showing up the GUI

Briefly describe your issue below:

So I ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade and I was waiting until it was done, meanwhile my cat wanted to leave, and he stepped on my keyboard opening the try window to come up. I said oh and thought I will just reboot the OS and continue. When I rebooted and selected the Parrot Installation (because I have multibooted) and the booting picture appeared with the “Parrot OS” in the middle and then it disappeared after a while, then I see a little white _ flashing in the top left corner and my mouse cursor was also flashing but with a bit of a delay. It keeps doing that and it won’t boot into the GUI. I am able to access the tty. I have also tried doing a reinstallation of Parrot and it did boot but when I ran the same command as earlier all the terminals closed and I tried again and the same thing. I thought a rebott might fix it. And exactly the same problem occurred. Please help!

What version of Parrot are you running?
5.5.0 KDE MATE

What method did you use to install Parrot? I don’t really understand this question. I used rufus on my Windows 10.

Configured to multiboot with other systems?
Yes, Windows 10 64bit and Kali Linux 2020.2 Rolling

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

logs are needed to know what is going on/failing there (NOTE: do not paste entire log, just small segments or use pastebin to share larger portions of logs).

You may find info in /var/log directory and .xsession-errors (found in home directory).

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.