Parrot os on raspberry pi 3 b+

Briefly describe your issue below:

I tried to install parrot os on my raspberry pi 3 b+ using etcher but when i insert my sd card into raspberry pi 3 b+ the problem with bootup is that i see only rainbow screen i have no idea what’s happening??

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Parrot on Pi 3 b+ is experimental.

I downloaded the parrot image file from option where it saying download for others ARM devices . The image name is parrotsecstandard and i burned the image on sd card using etcher and when i insert sd card into raspberry pi 3 b+ it showing me rainbow screen and stuck on that screen . It’s not showing me any error or any message on the screen
Or maybe i downloaded the wrong image for raspberry pi 3 b+ ?
Just to make sure can you please post the link from where i can download the right parrot os image for raspberry pi 3 b+ !!! Thx

And I’m not using parrot os in multiboot . I’m just trying to install it as single OS on sd card to use it on my raspberry pi 3 b+ .

Read this topic, hope it is help :slight_smile:

I’m seeing same rainbow screen with a lightning bolt using Raspberry Pi 3b+. Parrot image is parrotsec-standard-armhf-rpi-20171115.img

Strange to see the lightning bolt. It seems to indicate a power issue, but I’ve tried multiple power supplies etc. Only when I replace the flash with another card and another working image did it come on. I’ve tried flashing this parrot image twice and still … no dice.

Anyone have a solution?

It is most likely an upstream issue that we dont really have any control over at the moment

Odd, I’ve run several different images/flavors and no issues until I tried this one.

Have you guys tested this with 3b+?

I’ll try the next version whenever it’s up. If you need me to test something let me know.

Cheers

Only way I have succeeded in installing Parrot is via Berryboot using AlexGold images.

https://berryboot.alexgoldcheidt.com/search-downloads/?dl_cat=0&dl_search=Parrot

currently there is no working rpi arm image and the older builds that were released need some type of security patch, stability update, (you get the point, essentially the reason we update) so they are not advised to use either, the new rpi arm image is estimated to take about a month longer to finalize if nothing crazy happens or any big bugs are found that would delay an update.

Agreed other images just dont cut it this one gets a good install but without airgeddon–ng I am seeing if I can up monitor and see if it works via airgeddon on alph WLAN

guys this ISO is over a year old, are you not worried about stability or security with it missing a years plus worth of patches fixes and updates? Just curious, I know we dont have one right now so some people are alright with the compromise (albeit against any sort of recommendation official, unofficial, or otherwise) but I would be worried about the hardware with the RPI sensitivity to powering up and down

To fix the rainbow screen is to change options in the config.txt eg uncomment the
force_hdmi_hotplug=1
but it depends on what set up your using

At the time I was using a screen via a HDMI Cable, I recall my biggest problem was once I got to the log in screen keyboard and mouse didn’t work then the screen appeared to freeze however I was able to connect via ssh perfectly and with it I could still operate my Pi.

So maybe start by connecting via ssh and make the parrot auto login and see if that by bypasses the login screen freezing.

I’d like to see the new Parrot for Pi in a 64bit

one of the lead devs Jeff S. said that the entire image needed rebuilt, I doubt its just the freezing that is an issue and im almost positive the odds of it containing some sort of non patched security vulnerability are ungodly high with it being so old. im newer to rpi i have a b+; whats the situation on the capabilities of running i386 vs amd64 on pi?

Hello Nico

Tonight I am trying to get the Rpi berryboot distro and Kali Linus on to my first pi

I have limitted experience but there is no doubt that this is fraught with frustrations
Method

The best method IMO is

(1) YOU NEED download the image from Alex Geitsceidt Parrot OS for Pi and also a ziiped folder containing Berryboot
(2) you’ll need to decompess the ISO Parrot Image and save it to a USB circa 1.9 Gb
(3) You’ll need to unzip the contents of the zipped berryboot folder to the Class 10 Extreme SD Card - a fast read write
(4) Put the Sd in the Pi and attach a USB
(5) Berryboot should start imediately and after basic input (key board etc) you’ll be given a choice to download stuff
(6) Cancel and go to the left button add sofware Hold down and it will reveal an install from USB option

I suspectthe Kali Pi will require a flashed boot run using a programme called etcher because of its larger size 7.5 GB ISO and the limits of FAT 32 cards . I have not has nuch success flash booting this image for start up om the pi. I use to separate cards due to the size of Kali .

If you are using Berryboot you can Boot multiple operating systems from within the card ( subject to the limitation of its size) Pi’s have a limit to the size of card recodnised but googling will reveal formating options to get around this

1. I have a fantastic slick Parrot installed via Berryboot on the Pi3 B+ from Andrew Gietscheidt archive ( second attempt)

I Get cloned the airgeddon package into it and modified the .sh fiile to executable using Chmod . With a little bit of tinkering it put the Alpha US036 NHA wilan into monitor and it works well

To run Airgeddon at extreme functionality the older version of Bettercap is what is required

On the first boot attempt I spent a huge ammount of time doing an app ugrade on the Parrot Installed which appeared to be a logistic nightmare so reformatted installed Berry Boot and began again the bauty of form factor kit

I resorted to a second attempt of instaling the distro as is without grading .and it seems to be functional The mission now is to get the repos in order for updates as and when needed

1. I tried to boot a Kali Linux Distro StickyFingers-Kali-Pi-armhf-180923.img etched as a Bootable Card 32 BG using etcher it when through initialisation up till about line 14500 and then failed to initialise which is a shame There is difficulty moving this Large Distro on the limited FAT32 as its 7.5 GB .Some of these issues might be due to a cheap SD card I am working on Kali PI to get it installed on Rp3B+

More to follow in this edit

Failing That I’ll also try the Kali Light Distro

I have the pi on the usual regulated 5.1 v 2.5 amp USB micro adapter with a switch on the usb lead I havent noticed any issue yet . Its cool and if you spend a little rtime sourcing the 9 layer Mraza cases you’'l get an adapter , usb led with an on off switch to save on the input socket as well as a little fan and heat sinks The only other additionals to acquire are an HDMI lead and a useful HDMI to VGA adapter

All in all I really like the Parrot OS and it looks pretty dam cool on a desk top with TDA Plasma Desktop set up it would be well worth perservering with the Airgeddon Suite to get it compatible. For the money you cant really argue with these litlel units

The latest Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has a faster 64-bit 1.4GHz quad core processor, 1GB of RAM, faster dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, and significantly faster 300Mbit/s ethernet.

• 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (BCM2837)
  • 1GB RAM (LPDDR2 SDRAM)
  • On-board wireless LAN - dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac (CYW43455)
  • On-board Bluetooth 4.2 HS low-energy (BLE) (CYW43455)
  • 4 x USB 2.0 ports
  • 300Mbit/s ethernet
  • 40 GPIO pins
  • Full size HDMI 1.3a port
  • Combined 3.5mm analog audio and composite video jack
  • Camera interface (CSI)
  • Display interface (DSI)
  • microSD slot
  • VideoCore IV multimedia/3D graphics core @ 400MHz/300MHz

Honestly Nico after a year of waiting for parrot to get this out I honestly don’t think anyone here is worried about security issues right now we just want to see it up and running even just for a minute haha :drooling_face: its been a long time waiting for it we understand that there is a lot of work involved and for that I take my hat off :tophat: to the beautiful people putting it together for us all.

When the update is finally out I’m sure everyone will be straight into it as I know I will :grin: until then I’m enjoying the puzzle of getting it running.

1 Like

oh how we are so very addicted to the parrot puzzle!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Only because its a cheep way to sqawk :smiley:

2 Likes

Yea so its 2019 now and i want to download parrot os for my pi B+ but its giving a butt load off links and versions witch one should i use?

Unfortunately you will have to go to the nest and grab from there i will try and have the arm image uploaded to our site i think it’s final now

1 Like