Hi guys, I’ve been using Parrot Home since last couple of months. It was working fine until I decided to do a fresh installation. Ever since after installation, I’m not able to login into Parrot. I keep getting redirected to the login screen even after entering the correct password. Like an endless loop. Kindly help me with this. Here are the relevant information regarding my Parrot OS:
1. Your Parrot information
- OS version: run
DISTRIB_ID = Parrot DISTRIB_RELEASE = 4.10 DISTRIB_CODENAME = rolling DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION = Parrot 4.10 PRETTY_NAME = "Parrot GNU/ Linux 4.10 NAME = "Parrot GNU/ Linux" ID = parrot ID_LIKE = Debian VERSION = "4.10"
- Kernel version: run
Linux parrot 5.7.0-2parrot2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.7.10-1parrot2(2020-07-31) x86_64 GNU/ Linux
2. If you have this problem after fresh installation:
How did you create USB bootable?
- Software was used to make USB: I used Balena Etcher to flash the ISO image into flashdrive.
How did you install OS?
- GTK Installer from bootable Flash Drive.
- Your device name or output of `lspci` ``` Device Name: Acer Nitro 7 ``` - Did you try searching info about this issue on search engine? - Yes I tried the most of the solutions listed on (https://askubuntu.com/questions/223501/ubuntu-gets-stuck-in-a-login-loop). None of it seem to work.
4. How did you get this error? Are there any steps to procedure it?
1. I got this error after freshly installing Parrot OS.
5. Error log or screenshot
** Insert error log and screenshot here**
6. If you have any idea or suggestion about this issue please tell us
** I believe it has to do something with gdm/ lightdm(idk?). I think so, because in my previous version of Parrot I was tinkering with gnome 3 installation and such. Could’ve broken something? Also, the problem could be due to the presence of older Parrot OS kernels? I’m a newbie to Linux. That’s all I could possibly infer. **