Parrot OS the system is not plugged in to a power source

– Error in installation –

• Parrot Security 4.11.3:

• VirtualBox Oracle:

Hi, i tried to install Parrot OS in my Virtual Box in Macbook pro with BigSur 11.6, but I received a warning saying this computer does not satisfy some of the recommended requirements for installing Parrot OS 4.11. Installation can continue but some features might be disabled. The system is not plugged in to a power source

Hi, how many hardware resources have you allocated to the virtual machine? In any case proceed, Calamares (the installer) will continue the installation.

Hi, thank you so much for your answare, i solved putting in charge my macbook pro ahahah. But i have another question if it is possible: i have a tp-link archer T3UPlus wifi adapter and i want to intall this one inside my virtualmachine parrotOS, but i don’t see wireless icon to connect the adapter. In substance, i don’t understand which is the better mode to install it in my ParrotOS. I tried to see some videotutorial on youtube, but i don’t finded nothing for my tp-link version.

Any wifi dongle should work without problems (in case you write to us). On Virtual Box you just need to make sure that the USB to which the adapter is connected is visible in your virtual machine. After that, if it’s a plug-and-play adapter, you don’t need to install any drivers.

Unfortunately, I cannot connect my Parrot OS to the network with the adapter. However, it is an adapter that theoretically needs drivers, but I knew that Parrot OS does not need drivers for the adapters. I show you some screenshots to make you understand better. In the first screenshot I set the adapter on VirtualBox and then select “remote” from the drop-down menu … once I start the machine and start the adapter as shown in photo 2. I go to the top right (screenshot 3) to look for the wifi network which does not exist apparently and therefore i have no idea how to connect. How could I use this wifi adapter on Parrot? Do you know why not working or maybe am I not knowing how to make it work?

At this point you (probably) need to install the drivers. An acceptable answer is given on this thread, give it a try: USB Wifi AC 1300 Archer T3U Plus not showing up - Network - Manjaro Linux Forum

This computer does not satisfy some of the recommended requirements for installing Parrot OS 4.11. Installation can continue but some features might be disabled

“Parrot OS the system is not plugged in to a power source”

I was not able to understand the solution…
Sir can you please explain me in detail
Please…

So that I can easily install parrot os in my PC

Hi @MR_AT ,
The message “Parrot OS the system is not plugged in to a power source” also appeared in my installation window.
In my case, I realized that the physical cable of my laptop was not plugged to the charging outlet in the wall, so I took the physical cable of my laptop and plugged it in the outlet of the wall. And the message disappeared, and I proceeded with next steps.
Hope it works.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.