Parrot Sec New Install Freezes and Logs out

So I started my move from Windows 10 to Linux and chose Parrot OS as my go to as it has everything I need for school and work. I installed Parrot OS as a dual boot with my Windows 10 OS as well (Both on separate Hard Drives). Once Parrot OS was installed, I started to notice an issue. Parrot would start to freeze, and then bring me to a command line like-terminal (Almost like a Crash-Log). Once that flashed out of sight (So fast I cant read anything or even take a photo of what it says) it takes me to the lock screen and asks me to input my password again. Please help me fix this as I want to fully transition from Windows to Linux but if this issue continues I’m not sure I can. Thank You

• ParrotOS iso in use:

PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot OS 4.11”
NAME=“Parrot OS”
ID=parrot
ID_LIKE=debian
VERSION=“4.11”
VERSION_ID=“4.11”

• Application used for flashing the iso:
    I used Rufus

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):
    Flashes to quickly cannot get a copy

• Screenshots:
    Same as logs

Since you are new to linux, i’ll tell you in general terms how a classic linux distro starts

1. the first basic thing: Bios
  2. GRUB, the linux most used bootloader. In case of multi boot system, it allows you to choose which system boot (and for linux distributions, various boot options), in this case it allows you to choose between windows and parrot.
  3. the init system does its work (google linux distro bootup process to know more)
  4. then the shell starts (that’s why you see a command line like terminal) and the gui appears, so here we are to the login screen.

After this, type your password and press enter.
If you still can’t login, please tell me more.

Ps. we suggest to use balena etcher to flash parrot os iso.

It’s not after booting up the operating system this happens. When the OS is already open and I’m already logged into my user after doing a few things; lets say nmap, my pc freezes and then brings me to the command like like terminal and then back to the login screen.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.