Parrot update/Upgrade Could not wait for server fd - select (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) [IP: 167.114.220.81 443

Linux parrot 6.0.0-2parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.2-1parrot1 (2022-10-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux
VERSION_ID=“5.1”
VERSION=“5.1 (Electro Ara)”
VERSION_CODENAME=ara

Attempting to do my normal start up of sudo apt update && sudo parrot-upgrade -y
I have attached two screen shots of whats happening. Terminal appears to just freeze and just stays like that until I ctrl-c to stop it. I have also captured a wireshark pcap, but I have not learned how to utilize that scan to troubleshoot problems yet and I do not want to publicly post my pcap file for obvious reasons. Are you guys having problems with your servers? It sure seems like after the last kernel

update I have had a lot of little issues trying to upgrade any of my systems

• Screenshots:

I’m not super knowledgeable on things, so do please forgive me if this is a silly suggestion; but, maybe there’s a temporary/permanent issue in connectivity to your current selection of mirrors, or something? I feel like I’ve had a similar issue, before…though, in my case, updating would just end with an error rather than hang indefinitely, as it seems in your case. Could be a DNS/routing issue? Whatever the case, maybe it’ll get you going in the right direction, at the very least.

Check out the following link for information regarding changing/updating one’s mirrors:

Hope it helps! :smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.