Parrotsec.org DOWN? Or is it just me?

– Please Write here your help request, –
I have been trying to get on to parrotsec.org most of the day, I get a SSL_ERROR_BAD_CART_DOMAIN warning. If I accept the risk it goes to Welcome to MetricMover login page only. I was having similar issue with community.parrotsec.org but it appears to wok now?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

It’s working for me at this time. What OS and browser are you using to visit? Is any VPN, Tor, etc. being used?

I am not running tor or any privacy tools. I’ll also give you a screenshot of the security page

You know whats really got be baffled is that when I type https://parrotsec.org into my browser I get the MetricMover page which changes the address to Parrot Security which is not what I type into address bar, but if I click on the link in the question I asked then it goes right to the correct page. Do you think I have been hacked? I am still a long way from being 100% sure of this? I just installed Chromium and I am not having any problems???

I have Parrot installed on at least a dozen machines, both physical and virtual and I was hoping you could help me discover why all of them are having this “pkg: error processing package realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms (–configure):
installed realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 10” problem. I am just learning how to debug and I haven’t figured out how to get rid of this error

Yeah I can confirm, It was for me as well. Hope everything is well!

Hello Masmer,
Linux parrot 6.0.0-2parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.2-1parrot1 (2022-10-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux

This was a brand new install of Parrot home. Its the default Firefox browser with the preset Parrot bookmarks.
I did notice that to get here I have to use https://community.parrotsec.org, but the preset link goes to Parrot Security and the preset bookmark to go to Parrot home is Parrot Security that is where I get the errors and the screen that says MetricMovers and asks for username and password?

I am currently unable to access the website. Or, as in the first post, if I ignore the “your connection is not private” error and continue, I get the “Welcome to MetricMover login” page.

Please refer to the URL and images below.
https://downfor.io/parrotsec.org

This site can’t be reached

www.parrotsec.org refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Yup it’s down for some countries in Asia. We are working on it.

2 Likes

Parrotsec network is down at my country since last 2 days ago.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.parrotsec.org

Pinging mumbai.isengard.rfc2549.network [172.105.252.174] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 172.105.252.174:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.