Permission denied when trying to edit folders

above as you can see I am trying to amend the folder but I am getting the issue Permission Denied?

sudo cp Wordlists > /var/www/html
bash: /var/www/html: Is a directory

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Running this in virtualbox

used

https://parrotsec.org/download/ > parrot sec ova

Thank you

OTH

we strongly suggest to update your version, or at least do a fresh installation in order to avoid things broken after doing a HUGE update.
btw, tried to do it with sudo?

Hi,

I have tried to update the parrot version but it just fails with anything I do?

I have tried moving the files with sudo, or do you mean open pluma with sudo?

in order to copy files you do
sudo cp fileName.Extension destinationLocation

Thank you, i was adding the > for some reason.

Do you know how I fix the auto login issue? I have tried amending the auto login section in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf but logs in straight away?

Hi,

Do you know whether there is a way to transfer all the work I have done on the virtualbox? it would take to long to transfer all the files over?

You already did a post about it.

You can use a usb drive lol

Thank you, I did think that it would have to be a manual transfer but was hoping I was wrong.

Also yes I did open another post about the auto login, I can close the post if you would like? I do have one more question but didn’t want to bombard the com with questions :slight_smile: , the other question was about signing in as root as cant edit some folders as I am not the owner.

Thank you again @tissy

edit: I have downloaded the new Parrotsec for virtual machines and now I can’t access the internet via firefox, I haven’t touch any settings as it a brand new install?

After it didn’t work I know there has been previous issues with Anon surf and Firefox doesn’t like it but when I tried to switch it on the toor password was showing as incorrect?

sudo pluma /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.10.254
nameserver 192.168.10.1
nameserver 192.168.1.1

ParrotSec is amazing but seem to be getting more and more issues as time goes on?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

OTH

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.