Persistence USB

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.7 Security Edition (mate UI)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
I downloaded it from the website, used Balena Etcher to flash it. (I also tried Rufus but it had the same effect)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Main drive Windows, on USB Parrot

I’m a starter, I don’t have much knowledge so don’t expect much knowledge on me :stuck_out_tongue:

I follow the tutorial, I change the partition so there’s one partition that should be for persistence. But no matter what I do, while in live mode there is only 1 partition called
/dev/sdb, iso9660 file system

If I go back to Windows, there is the “boot” partition, and 1 small partition that Balena Etcher makes. And free space / a “persistence” partition.

In short, I can’t follow tutorials, all steps in Linux do not work because there’s only 1 partition in Linux

which tutorial?
have a look at
THIS

1 Like

I just downloaded Parrot OS on my USB-stick instead of a persistence USB. Works also.
(Used a SD-card to download it on my USB-stick)

It sounds as if you are burning the iso from a Windows environment. If so, poke around in Rufus settings and make SURE you are using “dd mode” then carefully follow Rufus instructions for writing persistence to the device. if you are not using dd mode to burn in Rufus persistence ain’t gonna happen…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.