Please insert a suitable CD

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hello guys.
I decided to join the Parrot today family. So I created a USB in DD Mode. And I tried “Live” mode.
When I checked that everything was ok I decided to install. However, I had a mess in the partitions so I turned off the installer. I cleaned up the previous Debian 10 and went back to the installer.

However now I have a little problem. In the first time my installation works correctly. But now I have an little error.

"Incorrect DVD/USB detected The DBD/USB drive contains a CD which cannot be used for installation. Please insert a suitable CD to continue with the installation."

I tried advice from someone on the internet who had such a problem installing Kali Linux and this tip said:

$ mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /cdrom

Can anyone give me a tip?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.8 beta7 KDE Security version

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
None

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
“Incorrect DVD/USB detected
The DBD/USB drive contains a CD which cannot be used for installation. Please insert a suitable CD to continue with the installation.”

Edit:
How to fix:
Allright. I did the boot disk again. Rufus 3.9 of course ‘DD’ mode… And it started working + installed correctly.

first of all use etcher and then read the documentation :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.