Post Approval Takes Time

I agree with your sentiment! I try to primarily use my own email hosted thru protonmail (but have run into issues since my email’s Top Level Domain caused errors and was flagged as “invalid”, when using the Gmail app on Android), and have always loved the principle and philosophy of “open source”!

However, when I tried to use Parrot OS as a replacement of Windows on my laptop, I ran into two main issues: Firefox has the wrong timezone info, which screws up the interface of a number of web-apps (which work fine on Windows), and I’ve ran into issues with 404 errors while running apt, and the only solution I could find on this operating system’s forum at the time was “to try running the command over and over until it worked”. That sort of turned me off… if it’s issuing a 404, why is that happening, and what can I do to fix it, not just run the command until it randomly picks a working mirror.

Maybe I’m just not “smart enough” or enough of a “pro-user” to learn how to use Linux. If that’s really the case, what is the purpose of having a support forum in the first place? Lol! I guess it really is the case that I’m just not “motivated enough” (or my attention span and memory aren’t big enough) to be apart of the “target audience” of Linux.

• Doug

well i already gave you the documentation about mirrors-list https://docs.parrotsec.org/mirrors-list.html
And it’s funny that you are not the first guy asking and I’m not opening docs to copy the links, many common doc links have already got in my memory just like this
You cannot fetch the mirror because there might be some updating process going on, and we don’t just have only one mirror that would leave users out of no choice but to just wait until it’s up again. Hence you got lots of choice on the mirrors you can choose

And if you still get no response even after changing into multiple mirrors then it might be that your dns is messed up. The reason i didn’t come to this in my first reply on your message was because your message had only one line about this issue, and hence i said about creating a new topic.
So, coming back to dns,
first check with a ping,
$ ping parrotsec.org (any website)
If you got no connection then use this:
$ sudo dnstool address 1.1.1.1 (or any address)
And then proceed to check

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.