power botton to shutdown the laptop

i am running parrot O.S version 4.3. I used a USB flash drive to install parrot security 4.3. its interface is mate.
yes, i have multi-booted it along side windows. i have never seen such a beautiful and secure Linux distro in my life.
::::::::::::::PROBLEM ::::::::::::
but, when i tried to shut it down after using it, it shows the parrot wallpaper and i don’t know what it does but, it never shutdowns and i have to press the power button to forcefully to shut it down.
and my GPU is NVIDIA geforce gtx1050. Is it related with my hardware or with the software.

::::About my hardware::::
System Model: Nitro AN515-51

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date : Insyde Corp. V1.21, 11/2/2018

BIOS Mode : UEFI

You probably need nvidia-legacy-390xx-drive which is similar with Tesla ones.
Please visit that pagehttps://packages.debian.org/sid/nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver, download the driver, but for the xorg.conf you might need, please join #parrotsec onirc.freenode.net

Try This in root terminal
poweroff
I Know That GUI button Do Same But Sometimes It’s Solved Problem By Command ;

If Your PC Shutdown By Command You Can Create
Command Shortcut In Desktop , Its Also Work As Power Button

Try this : it works for me ( I have the same CPU and GPU like you )
Edit the grub with command line : sudo nano /etc/default/grub in Terminal
or with a text editor as root.
add this : nouveau.modeset=0 nvidia.modeset=0 apparmor=0 to the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet”
so the line become :point_right: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“nouveau.modeset=0 nvidia.modeset=0 apparmor=0 quiet”
save by Ctrl X and then press Y , and press ENTER ( when using terminal )
or save the file with the text editor.
run : update-gub in Terminal
shut down and start. It should be OK when trying to shut down, restart or end session again

try to use ‘shutdown now’