PROBLEM PARROT INSTALLATION

i had installed parrot os by deleting window 10, Parrot OS stopped working after a few days because of some problem in installation. Now i want to DELETE the previous Parrot os and reinstall it via a USB flash derive.

I connected the derive and started installation on my ASUS laptop, during installation it asks me

"This machine’s firmware has started the installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there may be existing operating systems already installed using “BIOS compatibility mode”. If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode, it might be difficult to reboot the machine into any BIOS-mode operating systems later. If you wish to install in UEFI mode and don’t care about keeping the ability to boot one of the existing systems, you have the option to force that here. If you wish to keep the option to boot an existing operating system, you should choose NOT to force UEFI installation here"

while having two options “yes or no”

i DONT know what that means, Can someone help me with that? I have already backup my data.

it depends on what you like … bios or uefi.
use your searchengine for more infos.
i prefer uefi.
you can delete the unused boot options in your bios and set the boot mode to uefi. after this install parrot.
long story short … klick yes :wink:

1 Like

The current OS is not working (Instead of login it shows black screen) so i am unable to delete the unused boot options. Because of which i want to reinstall os. i am new to parrot os.

you can only delete the boot entries in your systems bios.
whats your device?

Do i have to delete after installing new one or do it before installation. i am using ASUS laptop.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008829/

you dont need it. just install. over the old one with uefi mode. if the syszem is set to default boot via bios not uefi … your system will not boot after install.

1 Like

Ok thankyou very much, :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.