Problem with Graphic Card Nvidia

Well im going to tell you my little expirience with Nvidia drivers my graphicas card its a little old, even though i downloaded the run file (with Vulkan support) and this is how i installed it.-
Press Ctrl Alt F1
type sudo service lightdm stop OR sudo lightdm stop
in terminal go to where you have the run file and use chmod with it (google for the command dont remember exactly)
type ./name_of_your_nvidia_driver_run_file.run
follow the screen instructions
when it finish type
sudo init 3
sudo service lightdm start OR sudo start lightdm
better restart
(warning.- before you do this i recommend a little reading you could end with a black screen)
have fun !!! not a single problem here and it was my first try

1 Like

I found solutions to my problems, X11 errors were about hostnames changes, as for my nvidia drivers, downloading and installing from official site and using “clinfo” at each boot to recognise my graphic card is ok.

for thoses with the same problem, clinfo is available in repository. no bumblebee or anything required it does not work yet anyway because of broken dependencies.

I am glad[quote=“no0b, post:24, topic:137, full:true”]
I found solutions to my problems, X11 errors were about hostnames changes, as for my nvidia drivers, downloading and installing from official site and using “clinfo” at each boot to recognise my graphic card is ok.

for thoses with the same problem, clinfo is available in repository. no bumblebee or anything required it does not work yet anyway because of broken dependencies.
[/quote]

Thank you for sharing your experience.