Rasberry Pi 3+ integrated wlan0

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hello,

i run Parrot OS experimental (Arm) on my Rasberry Pi 3+ . The Rasberry wlan couldnt detected (on Rasb Noob all works fine). The onboard wlan doesnt work on Parrot OS experimental

sudo ifconfig wlan0 = no wlan

So missing drivers ort something else iam not sure. I tried to fix it with rasberry firmware driver = nothing

The main problem if no connection to internet i cant update and install other things that might help, so ive to choose another PC to add those on the sd card but that need to much time and is ugly . As told if i run rasb Noob all works fine.

Thanks in advance for your help

Yours faithfully

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Parrot armhf (armv7) 32bit

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

rufus

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

none found

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

nope

I not gettinf your issue , maybe if you saying about
Wifi not working or internet not able to connect due ti headless image

Use USB Tether (Android :jack_o_lantern:} & connect to internet & update system

Install xfce amd then fireup GUI ,
Wifi works well, just injection mode patch not applied

I am having this issue as well. Logged in and now can’t do anything else due to no internet connection.

Tried going into raspi-config, expanding file system, and setting up GUI boot but it’s telling me I need to install the GUI package via apt-get. I can’t do this because I can’t connect to the internet (saying no wireless interface found, which is false). The Pi 3 A+ has no Ethernet port so that isn’t an option for me. I also do not have an Android device as previously mentioned so I can’t USB tether in that way.

I do, however, have an iPhone I can use as a hotspot that supports tethering if that would work. I tried plugging it in and it doesn’t automatically detect the connection, so I’m sure I have to run some command to make it work but I don’t know how.

Really just needing to see a GUI, but can’t without connecting and my only way of connecting this device is disabled by default so :man_shrugging:t3:

Connect internet via Android USB Tethering
Install GUI , simple

I don’t have an Android to do this with though, so I can’t do that.

Is it possible to do the same with an iPhone? I can turn on the hotspot and tether it via USB to give me a connection, but I’m unsure what to do on the Parrot/Linux side of things.

I’m sure it’s simple, but could you possibly elaborate?

Using USB:

Just Connect Cable and internet starts

If have wifi into it :

iwconfig

See your hardeare and start up via

sudo ifconfig (YourInterface) on

Now start hotspot on your phone
Set no password, so our work will be easy
& run command

sudo iwlist scan | more 

Now create configure file

wpa_passphrase (Your ESSID) > /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Now

sudo wpa_supplicant -D -i -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

Theb

sudo dhclient

Now your internet connected, install xfce & xorg

sudo apt install xfce4* xorg*

None of this works. Doesn’t pick up the connection when connected via USB, and none of those commands work because the system is telling me there is no wireless interface detected in the system.

Looks like this just isn’t going to work for me on my setup, kinda dead in the water with the only network adapter on the device unable to be used. Too bad because it sounds like exactly the OS I need feature-wise once it’s fully setup but it’s just too stripped down initially to even work with on my device. Will keep trying to find other distros.

Thanks anyway!

I think USB tether Is common, so driver is already there

BTW,

I send your problem to Parrot RPI dev ,He will fix lightdm bug if possible right now & push new build
Maybe in 1 month

I appreciate it, I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Just a suggestion, it probably would be a good idea to not have the WiFi disabled on the RPI version as well. I understand it from a security standpoint but there should be an exception for the Pi being that on many Pi models that is the only onboard network interface in the system. Some models have an Ethernet port but many do not and lots of people prefer the more stripped down form-factor to the more full-featured models. USB tether is fairly common but it can be hit or miss in my experience with it, plus not everyone has that option. WiFi is much more common and is already built-in so it should be able to be used by default and then disabled later if desired. Because yeah, you at least need to be able to run updates and things like that or the system becomes extremely difficult to get set up for many users.

May try a USB to Ethernet adapter as well and see if I have any luck on that front, but will otherwise keep an eye out for an updated RPI build.

Again thanks for all your help!

Very much thanks for your help, tha safes me a lot of time. Very much thanks.