Recommendations for a New Notebook?

I’m running a 2012 Dell e6330 as my travel computer. It’s supposed to be 13.3"; but with the huge bezel it’s almost 14" and weighs almost 6lbs with the charger. It’s been nice; but “not” for continuous travel. It even seems too big in my backpack. I really need to go with something smaller, lighter, with a 14nm mask and no fan.

I’ve been thinking about the Xiomi Mi Air notebook. 2018 models can be had as low as US$450.00 with 4GB ram and a 256GB m.2 SATA drive. I want the 12.5" model. Can anyone find the detailed specs on these? I haven’t been able to. I’m especially interested in the data-bus spec. Since the m.2 drive is specified as SATA, I suspect the data bus is SATA over PCIe. I’d much rather have a true PCIe bus connected to a true PCIe m.2 drive. Bidirectional PCIe is more than twice as fast as SATA III and I don’t want to invest any more money in SATA technology, it’s a dead-end. I’d like to know if there’s a possibility of adding a second SSD? I’d also like to know what the maximum ram capacity is, I haven’t been able to find that out either.

Hi! My knowledge about laptop, notebook is very limited but I think we can disscuss here :smiley:
I’ve seen this laptop Dell Inspiron 3580,

Processor 	8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (Turbo up to 3.9GHz)
RAM 	8GB DDR4 2666 MHz RAM
Storage 	1TB 5400 RPM HDD

But it costs is around $500. I really like this CPU and Ram but the laptop is 15"
p/s: I can’t find a better notebook in this cost. Waiting for other suggestions :smiley: (I’ll buy new laptop as well)

As always I would recomend looking into the notebookreview forum in which al those nerds usually teardown pretty much everything plus there you could ask such questions and might get a proper answer. Quick and dirty search for your Mi:

Good comment.

Thanks, Val