Remove hard disk encryption

Hello, I am using the current destribution of parrot. During installation, I installed my system an empty space but the hard disk had another partition with my files. My issue is I have to input my password every time I try to access the partition. Is there a way I can do away with the password??

so you want to do away with ever entering a password?

Is it a /home partition?

i think you have simply change the owner of the files! :wink:
pls show us the output of:

ls -la /mountpoint of the partition
1 Like

Short answer: That is how Linux works
Long answer: It needs root permission to mount partition

If the system is multiboot and the partition desired is a Windows data partition then, in a word…no. Or do you mean you installed Parrot with an encrypted storage option and now you want to convert to a non-encrypted file system option? …I don’t think that’s possible either.

butasi@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $ls -la /dev/sda6
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 6 Jan 15 07:26 /dev/sda6
┌─[butasi@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $

the pc was multiboot with both windows 10 and parrot, but everytime I upgraded it had issues(dont mind that) so I did away with windows but the partition in question has my files so I never did a complete format

so the data are on the ntfs partition?
if yes and you dont need the windows install. copy the data to an external disc and make a fresh install. or just umount the part. and then format it with btrfs or sonething else.

1 Like

Okay I had a similiar experience multibooting so I suspected as much. I dont believe there is anything that can be done. So if I understand this correctly you have a windows partition that aside for some files essentially goes unused? If so see the post above(OP beat me to it)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.