Rookie mistake... Admin rights...

Im using latest version of Parrot Home… So i installed and updated it, and was gonna add a standard user account and play on that one instead of admin… Not thinking bout what i was doing, i changed admin account to a standard account, and now i dont have an admin account, which I kinda need. (this probably sounds retarded to all you advanced people). So, do i have to start all over again or is their a way to gain admin rights without an admin user… It keeps asking for admin password, whenever i need admin rights, and i put the password in that i use for the account that i switched priveledges for, and it doesnt work… This is just a personal not data sensitive computer so starting over is no prob, just wondering if theirs another way, thanks…

wait… huh?

Can you not sudo commands?

What exactly did you do?

This is exactly what i did. I Went into “System settings” on the application launcher menu, then “Account details”, then “User Manager” and then switched my admin account that i installed parrot with to a standard account…

Operating System: Parrot GNU/Linux 4.10
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.70.0
Qt Version: 5.12.5
Kernel Version: 5.5.0-1parrot1-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM

Are you saying you removed your ability to use sudo? Do you get permission denied on sudo (I do not use graphical manager and am curious if that is what it does).

You could try editing sudoer file or edit password/user files to gain access back after mounting partition using Live distro: https://www.hackingarticles.in/editing-etc-passwd-file-for-privilege-escalation/

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.