Root password invalid and one bug

Briefly describe your issue below:

1. After full installation from USB I like to log in as ROOT user, using toor pasword gives me password invalid. What is wrong? I really need to change root password asap.

there should be some feature forcing new users root password, if not you will have thousands newbies with default root password on internet

1. When activating my account to access parrot community, when I click activate account it gives error no page exist. There is wrong URL in form
    community.parrotsec.orgnull

thanks for any info how to solve root password issue

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Did you follow this doc for updating mariadb postgres etc? https://docs.parrotsec.org/FAQ
EDIT: yes I meant to actually make an issue/submit a merge request for some of the URLs including that one but life hit me this week and I didnt get to, if I dont get to it this week I’m sure someone will (maybe even you if you’re cool enough to join our dev.parrotsec.org team!).

I believe the ‘toor’ root password is only for live boot.
For an install you will need to set the root password yourself.

1 Like

After a fresh install , no root password you have to manually set it

passwd root
Enter Password

Now next time when you

su -

Enter new password