Running Parrot Sec OS

i have an acer aspire es 15 with unchangeable bios as UEFI and secure boot disabled. i am looking to install parrot sec but every time i attempt to from a bootable drive, the installation process works but then reads says no bootable device found. i have also tried installing from live mode and that also freezes. i was wondering if there is any way around this?

Hey there!
We’d love to help but we need more information. Please fill out the support form in accordance with our support guidelines so we can better assist you.

(Are you saying Grub does load but cannot find drive? if so have you tried repairing grub through one of the many guides online? Need more details including what you have already tried)

What version of Parrot are you running? parrot-security-4.4_i386.iso
What hardware are you running? acer aspire es1-553-c4y4, mfg date: 2016/12/16, 4gb ram, bios is set to uefi and i have been told by a professional tech that it cannot be changed on my laptop as he had a look at it.

What method did you use to install Parrot? i have tried gtk install, standard install and live mode install (through the terminal, when i try this it says install-grub not found)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no, no current os is running

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below: after a gtk or standard install it reboots and says no bootable device found

Always check for yourself. Best Buy “Geek Squad” considers themselves computer “professionals” but you can’t trust that title :laughing:

Look up your model’s bios code (keys needed to be pressed during boot logo to enter BIOS setup). Enter BIOS setup.

Make sure secureboot is off & your drive is set to boot priority at the top of the list. Suggest doing this before the installation and ensuring boot priority stays (certain systems reset bios) before boot.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.