Setup L2TP VPN Connection

community
parrotsec
support
(qhodhium) #1

Hello community,

I finally got my ParrotOS installed on my laptop and I’m loving it. However, while I was abroad last week, I wanted to vpn to my home network so I can watch YouTube TV and access my home network, then I realised I can’t setup an l2tp vpn client on my parrot os.

Has anyone done this on the OS and is there a recommended l2tp vpn client package to use? I would appreciate it if I can be pointed in the direction of getting this setup on my parrot os.

Thanks

Before we start setting it up do tell what you have done so far,the errors you get,the commands you tried ans the attempted solution and results.

(qhodhium) #4

Hi,

I haven’t attempted to install any VPN package on the OS. I thought it would be ok to first check the community and see if anyone has done this before.

1 Like

It can be done yes then.

(qhodhium) #6

That would be great. How do I go about getting the right vpn client package for parrot sec os?

sudo apt install NAME-OF-PKG

There are only two choices OpenVPN or WireGuard (experimental stuff) read their documentation for further info.

(qhodhium) #8

@s1udge I know how to install packages as I’m not new to Linux. My question was, is there a good VPN client package out there to install on Parrot Sec to vpn in to my home network?