Shutdown/suspend problem

No use uefi not legacy. The newer versions have a no acpi boor setting you can select. Always use our docs to know what we recommend doing

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This commands fixed my shutdown problem and other bugs.

I hope this helps. :grinning:

No , Don’t Use upgrade use:

apt install full-upgrade 

Or

parrot-upgrade

it have same function

I’m also facing same issue since parrrotsec 4.4 :frowning:
My device : Asus X505BP
CPU : AMD A9 9425
GPU : AMD R5 420

Hi, i had the exact same issues, this is because of the nouveau driver. If you disable the driver and properly setup your gpu all these bug will go away. To do that i let you follow a guide i wrote about the install of the nvidia driver. Here is the guide:

https://community.parrotsec.org/t/tuto-install-of-bumblebee-and-drivers/5706

NO, apt upgrade on rolling distribution will break the system.

1 Like

what did this fix for you?

Is it working on AMD gpu?

Probably depends on the model. Have you searched your hw support status on duckduckgo or google?

Setting up primus (0~20150328-7) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.132) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-parrot1-13t-amd64
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_asd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_sos.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_rlc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_mec2.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_mec.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_me.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_pfp.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_ce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_sdma1.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_sdma.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_uvd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_vce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_smc.bin for module amdgpu
Processing triggers for systemd (240-5) ...
Configuring sandbox profiles....
Sandbox profiles updated!

What did you installed exactly ?

primus

It also showed-up When I run system upgrade

System upgrade?

apt upgrade

I wanted a solution man!

During boot add this line

pci=noacpi

If your pc won’t shutdown .

What do you mean? I thought you said youhave an amd gpu? This is for an intel nvidia. You definitely should avoid adding anything to any boot line

Hey I just created an account to say thank you to KileXt, I was desesperate because of my shutdown issue and nvidia driver, and the 2nd part for nvidia user is working perfectly with an lenovo Y530 (i7/1050Ti).

Thanks you now I can use properly ParrotOS :grinning:

2 Likes