Single Boot ParrotSec on macintosh?

(Hank) #1

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hi!

I can’t seem to find any information on how to install Parrot security OS on mac as a single boot. All I find is how to dual boot or how to install the os on a virtual machine.

So my question is, how do I install the operating system as a single boot on my mac?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

(Nico Paul) #2

From what I hear the 2013 MacBook was the last that could support a different OS than OS X (and of course they can bootcamp winblows).

is there ANYONE on this goddamn forum who ACTUALY TRIES to fill out the log form??

(Nico Paul) #4

Well they don’t have parrot installed yet which is why I approved it. In rare cases it does not fully apply; however, the poster is advised to fill in or replace one of the fields with hardware specifics including pertinent year of manufacture. Let’s make it a goal to constructively encourage new users to fill out the form by teaching them why it is important and maybe we can improve this over time :slight_smile:

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #5

if it is a mac built between 2007 and 2013 then just install the system as if it was any other pc