Single Boot ParrotSec on macintosh?

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hi!

I can’t seem to find any information on how to install Parrot security OS on mac as a single boot. All I find is how to dual boot or how to install the os on a virtual machine.

So my question is, how do I install the operating system as a single boot on my mac?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

From what I hear the 2013 MacBook was the last that could support a different OS than OS X (and of course they can bootcamp winblows).

is there ANYONE on this goddamn forum who ACTUALY TRIES to fill out the log form??

Well they don’t have parrot installed yet which is why I approved it. In rare cases it does not fully apply; however, the poster is advised to fill in or replace one of the fields with hardware specifics including pertinent year of manufacture. Let’s make it a goal to constructively encourage new users to fill out the form by teaching them why it is important and maybe we can improve this over time :slight_smile:

if it is a mac built between 2007 and 2013 then just install the system as if it was any other pc

Yep :slight_smile: Just installed on A1297 Mid 2009 and everything running smooth. Keyboards Shortcuts, fn functions, wifi nice. As pretty quick. Just one Issue with Boot. I can’t boot on Battery. Just with Plug. But after Boot is disconnecting ok and I work hours on Akku with 100% compatibility. Best compatibility ever :slightly_smiling_face: Much better than with Kali or Ubuntu. Qubes was dead immediately.

Dual Boot right now also on my new iMac 5K and everything fine too (External SSD). Grub hasn’t been installed at all. I use default one from Apple (just hold Option and choose Parrot)