Slowed down videos with new update

– Please Write here your help request, –

—After updating, the videos are in slow motion. I have also downloaded some video in case it was from the browser, but it is not the case, it is still seen in slow motion. Also, the directional arrow keys move automatically after pressing them for more than a second. Any ideas?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

VERSION=“5.1 (Electro Ara)”

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

6.0.0-2parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

1 Like

Hello! We published kernel 6.0 and seems like some graphic drivers don’t work with this kernel right now. At least realtek driver and nvidia driver. We are going to fix them ASAP. Kernel update is a pain in the arse :frowning:

1 Like

I’m bumping into the forum moderation link limit - the link to the first quote is here
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1021974
If that comes aboard parrot I suspect we will be OK.

additional info - there is more info here, i found this same error in the build log;

/tmp/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-470.141.03/kernel/nvidia/nv-acpi.c:270:43: error: ‘struct acpi_device’ has no member named ‘children’

there is a patch discussed that can change the .run files (the non package manager approach) on that thread. i am not sure if that would work for parrot.

1 Like

Hello all, thank you for attention to this.
I found the following posted yesterday (love to be on the bleeding edge!) It appears a new debian release nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470 addresses the issue. namely 470.141.03-3

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

Source: nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470 Architecture: source Version: 470.141.03-3  Changed-By: Andreas Beckmann Closes: [1021974](https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1021974) Changes: nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470 (470.141.03-3) unstable; urgency=medium . * Backport get_task_ioprio changes from 510.85.02, acpi changes from 510.85.02 and 515.65.01, drm_frambuffer.h changes from 515.76 to fix kernel module build for Linux 6.0.
1 Like

Hello again, following the latest posts and changing the Mate Marco gsettings for the logged-in user (applied in console mode) I was able to get nvidia driver 510 working. There were still segfaults from the mate issue (visible in the lightdm logs in /var/log I think) as I noted some months back but gsettings does work.

1 Like

Hello all,

after changing the Mate / Marco setting I notice two oddities which I wanted to pass along.

1. In the Terminal if you hit tab to autocomplete a bash path, at the time of the ding / alert sound I seem to get a glitch in the framebuffer, or similar effect - consistently there is a flash across the screens and the desktop icons re-display themselves.
  2. the behavior of changing window sizes changed. On the lower corners I need to use Alt + right mouse button to resize, they no longer are grabbable on those corners.

I have not noticed any additional effects but wanted to share in case anyone else encountered this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.