Snap apps not showing in menu

Briefly describe your issue below:
I just installed a fresh copy of Parrot Sec OS KDE Version, So far so good except when I install apps such as discord, sublime-text, they don’t show up in the app menu even after a reboot. I have to manually open them with a terminal.

Any suggestions?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Linux parrot 4.19.0-parrot4-28t-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.19.28-2parrot4.28t (2019-04-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Standard
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
Couldn’t find any
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Unfortunatly I’ve got the same issue like you.
I’ve installed for a test Spotify and I can run it by using terminal. But on the application menu it’s not visible too.

Well, on Mate DE the icon of Spotify appears. On KDE not.

Can confirm that Spotify, when installed on 4.6 Security x86_64 MATE, shows an icon in Application Menu.

@Andi_Artz, did you try to install any other apps? If so, did they appear in the Application Menu?

1 Like

@bigtasty I’ve installed for testing Brave browser from Snap and it appears in the Application Menu (mate) also like Spotify

Anyone got any ideas to my problem lol

Thinking of going back to mate, KDE seems broken AF

You know you can always add things to the menu or make an application launcher. I don’t know the exact process on KDE but I’ve not seen a desktop environment that doesn’t allow that.

I went back to mate, KDE is very broken. Looks alot worse imo as well

@veepn we’re going to work on this issue and fix it

1 Like

Can confirm. Having this same issue on a fresh install of KDE Home version.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.