Snap apps not showing in menu

(Matt) #1

Briefly describe your issue below:
I just installed a fresh copy of Parrot Sec OS KDE Version, So far so good except when I install apps such as discord, sublime-text, they don’t show up in the app menu even after a reboot. I have to manually open them with a terminal.

Any suggestions?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Linux parrot 4.19.0-parrot4-28t-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.19.28-2parrot4.28t (2019-04-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Standard
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
Couldn’t find any
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

(Andi Artz) #2

Unfortunatly I’ve got the same issue like you.
I’ve installed for a test Spotify and I can run it by using terminal. But on the application menu it’s not visible too.

Well, on Mate DE the icon of Spotify appears. On KDE not.

1 Like
(bigtasty) #3

Can confirm that Spotify, when installed on 4.6 Security x86_64 MATE, shows an icon in Application Menu.

@Andi_Artz, did you try to install any other apps? If so, did they appear in the Application Menu?

1 Like
(Andi Artz) #4

@bigtasty I’ve installed for testing Brave browser from Snap and it appears in the Application Menu (mate) also like Spotify

(Matt) #5

Anyone got any ideas to my problem lol

(Matt) #6

Thinking of going back to mate, KDE seems broken AF

You know you can always add things to the menu or make an application launcher. I don’t know the exact process on KDE but I’ve not seen a desktop environment that doesn’t allow that.

(Matt) #8

I went back to mate, KDE is very broken. Looks alot worse imo as well

(Andi Artz) #9

@veepn we’re going to work on this issue and fix it

(Nick) #10

Can confirm. Having this same issue on a fresh install of KDE Home version.