Sudden disconnection and then no wifi found

Happened to me both on Kali 2020 and Parrot OS 4.8 MATE (dual boot, running as non-root)
Internet works well when using Windows

When using internet, it suddenly disconnects from Wi-Fi. Then I go to my wifi list to try to reconnect and see that there are no wifi connections on the list (not even my neighbour’s connection, etc

This is what I get with iwconfig , internet working

```
wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"ROUTER_SSID"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: *router mac adress*   
          Bit Rate=78 Mb/s   Tx-Power=19 dBm   
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=37/70  Signal level=-73 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:6   Missed beacon:0
```

lspci | grep Qualcomm

05:02.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9227 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

sudo dmesg

[ 4836.475702] wlan0: deauthenticated from *router mac adress* (Reason: 7=CLASS3_FRAME_FROM_NONASSOC_STA)
[ 4836.570818] wlan0: authenticate with *router mac adress*
[ 4836.593021] wlan0: send auth to *router mac adress* (try 1/3)
[ 4836.594753] wlan0: authenticated
[ 4836.598492] wlan0: associate with *router mac adress* (try 1/3)
[ 4836.602299] wlan0: RX AssocResp from *router mac adress* (capab=0x1411 status=0 aid=4)
[ 4836.602522] wlan0: associated

Welcome to the ParrotOS Community :hugs:

What i have found :-

“In the current IEEE802.11 standards, whenever a wireless station wants to leave the network, it sends a deauthentication or disassociation frame to the access point. These two frames, however, are sent unencrypted and are not authenticated by the access point. Therefore, an attacker can launch a DoS attack by spoofing these messages and thus disabling the communication between these wireless devices and their access point. We propose an efficient solution based on a one wayhard function to verify that a deauthentication frame is from a legitimate station.”

source :- Here

2 Likes

Try restarting network manager then see if networks show up then:

systemctl restart network-manager

PS: I have seen many issues on/off with qualcomm cards on linux.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.