sudo parrot-upgrade

Briefly describe your issue below:
I am having a huge delay when executing parrot-upgrade or installing any package from apt in general and I traveled recently around 1000Km away from the nearest server so I am asking if any one in the Middle East Area is having the same issue especially after upgrading to parrotSec 4.10 or it is because I am more away now from the nearest server!!!

Note// I still have same internet plan nothing with the speed of my connection.
I also did not change anything with the apt or mirror config file and keeping original configuration.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Host: 81BG Lenovo ideapad 320-15IKB
Kernel: 5.7.0-2parrot2-amd64
Uptime: 26 mins
Packages: 3740 (dpkg)
Shell: bash 5.0.18
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: MATE
WM: Metacity (Marco)
WM Theme: Icy-Dark
Theme: ARK-Dark [GTK2/3]
Icons: maia [GTK2/3]
Terminal: xfce4-terminal
Terminal Font: Monospace 13
CPU: Intel i7-8550U (8) @ 4.000GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Memory: 1959MiB / 15989MiB
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
“Debian Standard”
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
List your networking hardware (make, model, firmware version):
03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter.
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
NA
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
NA

you can use nearest server
list; https://docs.parrotlinux.org/mirror-list/

Thanks for replying

Yes I know the list and nearest server is located in Greece because I live in Egypt and Greece is the nearest place… I was just verifying that this is because I moved to the south 1000Km which is so far from the nearest mirror and this is the case it seems to be.

Thanks for help

I am writing again to tell that parrot-upgrade and apt went back fast as before even when I’m still away from the nearest server so it was definitely something with the servers firewall roles not my distance from the nearest mirror.
All Is Okay Now

good to know
anyway
CDN will redirect to your nearest server automatically

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.