swap space

I’m unable to make swap space after the parrot os installation i wasn’t able to make it during installation as i had three primary drives (legacy BIOS) and so i wasn’t able to make swap somehow,
after the installation again i tried making a swap file but this error comes up :slight_smile: 'm unable to make swap space after the parrot os installation i wasn’t able to make it during installation as i had three primary drives (legacy BIOS) and so i wasn’t able to make swap somehow,
after the installation again i tried making a swap file but this error comes up :

swapon: /mnt/1GiB.swap: swapon failed

what i do :
1.sudo fallocate -l 6g /mnt/6GiB.swap
2.sudo chmod 600 /mnt/6GiB.swap
3.sudo mkswap /mnt/6GiB.swap
4.sudo swapon /mnt/6GiB.swap ==> error show’s up at this step

i actually use zram,which operates in a similar way,but relies on creating a virtual swap that uses higher compression ratios than traditional swap.
its recommended that you not set up traditional swap during installation if you plan to use it,so if you do,you may be in a better position now to do it…
Zswap is similar,but slightly different than zram,it operates more like traditional swap, but it also relies on compression.
scripts are available for debian installation,so it’s pretty straight forward.
i’m not saying that you should,of course you should research them first,but it may be worth researching if swap is something you plan on using…

here are a few links i’ve compiled while researching…