System being recognized as windows

– Please Write here your help request, –

Hi, For some reason my system is being recognized as windows instead of Linux system. This might not be such a big issue but I am a little concerned. Any Help is appreciated. I am on the Home Edition of Parrot OS which was installed last month on my system. Recently, when I logged in on Gmail and the usual security email was sent, it said that a windows device just logged in. Other than that, I was trying to download the ms teams .deb file from the MS website and it kept on showing me the windows .exe file download link, and when I logged in on my linux lite os and went to the same page, it directly showed me the .deb file download link.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
VERSION_ID="5.0"
VERSION="5.0 (LTS)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
  • Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):
5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64
  • Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Website detects your system using User-agent. you can use any user-agent changer (firefox add-ons) to change it to Linux and try again

1 Like

Oh alright, I will try it. Thank you!

hello me it was the same but instead that the website recognizes it is my machine name in the terminal which changes and I don’t use sudo because it doesn’t recognize this machine. Is the
problem known? if so can you help me?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.