TL-WN722N v3 Monitor Mode

Hello all! I’ve recently bought the TL-WN772N off of amazon hoping to get the V1 version. But of course they sent me the v3 version. It’s going on the second day of trying to get this Wi-Fi adapter to run in monitor mode. Here are the repositories I’ve used for drivers, and all 3 have failed to patch it. As you can tell by my name I’m extremely new to Linux. I’m just hoping that it’s my Kernal Headers. If anyone can give me a walkthrough of how to install Kernal Headers for Parrot that would be amazing. Thank you for the help in advance!

RUNNING : 4.18.0-parrot10-amd64 (VM)

┌─[root@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ #ifconfig wlan0 down
┌─[root@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ #sudo iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
Error for wireless request “Set Mode” (8B06) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not permitted.
┌─[✗]─[root@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ #iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
Error for wireless request “Set Mode” (8B06) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not permitted.

There is a good chance they are already installed.

uname -r will output the kernel version.
Kernel headers are stored in /usr/src/.

Use ls /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r) if it returns nothing, the kernel headers arn’t installed. If it lists a ‘Makefile’ and a few other bits and bobs, the kernel headers are already installed.

Yeah just as I thought the headers are installed. Well I’ve already filed for a return for Amazon’s customer support, and the new Wi-Fi adapter should be here soon. I told the support rep, to make a note to please ship me the v1 version. But we’ll see how that goes. If anyone is also having the same problem please feel free to write any solutions you have found! Thanks!

I bought this key a few days ago and I filed a return too. Now I have Alfa AWUS036ACH with rt8814au chipset, it’s dualband and very very powerful. The chipset AR9271 of TP-Link is almost obsolete and not very powerful.

does it support sniffing/injection out of the box on parrot?

Am also facing the same problem did you finally get your answer