TL-WN823N "The wifi network could not be found".

Hello ParrotSec Community!

I’m new to Linux & also Parrot but love to learn about them :slight_smile: . Today after installing Parrot in vmware I ran into a problem with my externally connected usb wireless adapter…

Briefly describe your issue below:

☆ As stated above I installed Parrot OS in VMware Workstation Pro 6.0. My host OS is windows 10. Then, I plugged in my wireless adapter (TL-WN823N) & disabled it from windows control panel and connected it to Parrot OS via VMware settings. Now it works fine & displays the wireless networks but It won’t connect to them. When I hit connect it says “configuring interface”, then it displays “Network could not be found error”.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot?

☆ Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

☆ No, It’s running on VMware as a virtual machine.

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

Network adapter not showing any nearby network Looks a bit similar but not the exact issue :frowning:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

☆ Here are some information (I thought would be useful) & the error I face…

Additional Notes

☆ To exactly know whether I face the issue only with only Parrot OS, I created another virtual machine with windows 8 & everything worked fine.

☆ I really don’t know what causes the issue or how to fix it since I’m a newbie. Hope someone could show me some light. Any support is really appreciated.

Thanks,
EE.

I was able to fix the issue by following these instructions… https://askubuntu.com/questions/1211157/how-do-i-get-a-tp-link-tl-wn823n-v3-wireless-adapter-working (By installing RTL8192EU drivers).