[Tool request] haiti

[Name] Haiti
[Version] v1.0.1 (Release v1.0.1 · noraj/haiti · GitHub)
[Homepage] Document
[Download] https://github.com/noraj/haiti/archive/v1.0.1.tar.gz - https://rubygems.org/downloads/haiti-hash-1.0.1.gem
[Author] noraj (Alexandre ZANNI) Home | noraj
[Licence] MIT - haiti/LICENSE.txt at master · noraj/haiti · GitHub
[Description] A CLI tool to identify the hash type of a given hash.
[Dependencies] ‘ruby’ ‘ruby-paint’ ‘ruby-docopt’
[Similar tools] hashid, hash-identifier, dagon, findmyhash see the diff Document
[Activity] Start 16/10/2019, actively maintained
[How to install] As any classic ruby package, see package made for BlackArch: blackarch/PKGBUILD at master · BlackArch/blackarch · GitHub
[How to use]
Quick start Document
Usage: Document
[Packaged] No for debian yet, see package for BlackArch: blackarch/PKGBUILD at master · BlackArch/blackarch · GitHub

Is the tool useful/functional in a Penetration Testing environment?
Yes whenever you find hashes in a database or config files.

Does the tool overlap functionality of other existing tools?
Yes, hashID, findmyhash & hash-identifier.

Does the licensing of the tool allow for free redistribution?
Yes MIT.

How much resources does the tool require? Will it work in a “standard” environment?
Very few, any computer could run it.

Current source repository: GitHub - noraj/haiti: Hash type identifier (CLI & lib)
old source repository: GitHub - Orange-Cyberdefense/haiti: A CLI tool to identify the hash type of a given hash.

I’m the author in both cases, it’s just that the old repo is hosted on my old company organization and they won’t maintain it anymore as I leaved and was the maintainer. So I forked it on my personal account to continue maintain it.

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion!
We are going to release 4.11 then create a whole new pentest tool list. We’ll package your tool after this big task. I think your tool deserve a place in preinstalled tool to replace hash-identifier and hashid.
I’m adding your tool to TODO list right now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.