PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot OS 4.11”
    NAME=“Parrot OS”
    ID=parrot
    ID_LIKE=debian
    VERSION=“4.11”
    VERSION_ID=“4.11”

```

• Kernel version: run uname -a
    Linux parrot 5.10.0-6parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.28-6parrot1 (2021-04-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Please check my old enquiry here -
ttps://community.parrotsec.org/t/anonsurf-already-installed-but-missing/16506

…sorry for such a long delayed comeback…I was stuck somewhere…(personal matter)…

After that was cleared, the Tor Browser went missing after a few days. May be after an update. I don’t know.

Can anyone please suggest how to re-instate Tor Browser back such that it auto-updates itself when I ‘‘sudo apt update’’ my system.?

Thank you.

Regardless, Tor Browser has an upgrade system to keep you up with latest/patches automatically. You can use apt search tor in terminal/synaptic, search for it, or download it from www.torproject.org.

Install the torbrowser-launcher, then run “Tor Browser Launcher Settings” from the Internet menu to install the browser.

The Tor Browser does not get updated when you run sudo parrot-upgrade. Launching the Tor Browser will let you know if there are updates after a few minutes, or you can use Tor Browser Launcher Settings to check for an update and apply it.

Hey, thank you. Got your point. I initially thought that Tor’s missing is linked with my previous AnonSurf problem. Also, I wanted to know whether/if the system, updates Tor along with other updates. Anyway, thanks for your help.

That’s it. To the point. Thank you.

As I said to others, I initially thought that Tor’s missing is linked with my previous AnonSurf problem. Also, I wanted to know whether/if the system, updates Tor along with other updates. Anyway, thanks for your help.

1 Like