Tor Browser

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

I am very new at this just a novice so her goes. I Recently downloaded Parrot new edition and notice the Tor Browser/Tor Launcher Settings not responding. Should I go directly to the Tor web site and download it again?

I first used the Parrot usb 3.0 OS to install yes a bit out of date, I guess. Parrot Version-3.11 Security 64Bit 32GB. I did upgrade as you mention but now when I reboot I get this at start up–
TOMOYO: Default Profile Doesn’t Exist.
TOMOYO: Select a Profile From the Following list.
Disable

That’s it ! Now I have to enter disable to get into system not sure what happen was working fine before upgrade except for the tor browser.

A duall boot/win 7 Pro-I first used the Parrot usb 3.0 OS to install yes a bit out of date, I guess. Parrot Version-3.11 Security 64Bit 32GB. I did upgrade but now when I reboot I get this at start up–
TOMOYO: Default Profile Doesn’t Exist.
TOMOYO: Select a Profile From the Following list.
Disable

Woah. Both of you arent very perfect beginners.
Dont do any of the things either of you have suggested as they are so very outdated
Just use the current 4.5.1 version dont worry about tomoyo and use parrot-upgrade (while root) to update

I’m still getting this as I begin boot process I have to type disable to get into system. How do do I get back to a regular boot into system?

probably gonna need a reinstall AFTER reading the docs tho so you dont do stuff like this again lol ive never even touched tomoyo if that tells you when thats from lol

this command is invalid

parrot 3.0 is very very old, i strongly suggest you to install it again from scratch by using the latest ISO version (4.5.1 as of now)

Won’t just update over the 3.11 work as well that what i did? This is a dual boot w/win 7 will I have to go back through the partition hard-drive and all ?

I used sudo apt update and sudo apt full-upgrade

you can do as you wish but youll be missing a lot of upgrades and improvements such as btrfs and some other major things.

1 Like

I did copy the new version to my usb drive should I reinstall it again over the old version is that the proper way to do it?

i would boot live and delete all parrot partitions you have made then reboot into installer and gtk install

1 Like

From my many previous post however I did mention some where this is a dual boot with Win 7 Pro should I still continue the process as you outline will this change anything or should I start out with windows 7 OS harddrive and delete Parrot there?

why windows 7? no changes needed. just read the docs

Well, reason I ask cause I created the Parrot partition in Windows 7 as outline and according to the youtube video i was following and work out fine. I’m very new at this and cautious so I don’t want to screw up my other os which is windows. I want to be percise.

Its best for windows to be installed first (easier) but dont use youtube videos they will most likely be made by total nitwits who tell you to start byusing 5hings we never have recommended.

yup just noticed.

Sorry. Im a newbie as well :slight_smile: thanks for correcting.
I started using parrot-upgrade thanks to @KidKlown

Much love,
jess

2 Likes