TOR BUG IS KILLING ME

As you know the preinstalled tor that comes with parrot will not work. ( ive heard other people complain about this too )
ive spent the past 3 days to work on this and i have got some progress but it still wont work.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/33vqg7ooi/
the gray window is what i used to get and the screenshot of the terminal is where i got some progress. I went and did the tut on tor’s website for changing gpg2 keys for tor and i got succes out of that and the i opened torbrowser-launcher with the terminal to see the issue. So what i did was I went with sudo caja and deleted init.py , common.py and torbrowser-launcher.py. It now opens the tor browser but it wont load any links and some feutures have been turned null.
https://postimg.cc/image/vin4jknw1/
i downloaded tor from its website and it works like a charm. But its a pain to go into my downloads and open it from there.

can you guys at parrot fix this problem or atleast tell me how i can open the tor from my downloads folder from the pannel on the top left
heres some info

Dual booted with windows 10
stable
i upgrade it last night.

i perfer parrot over kali but kali didnt have alot of bugs. mabey a few but those got solved with the community. Hopefully Parrot Community is the same :grinning:

1 Like

Please search in the previous topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah bit of a pain eh.

About adding you downloads folder tor-launcher to you applications menu, you are in luck, its easy.

In you menu at the bottom left search ‘main menu’ open it up. In there you could edit the path for the current tor entry but you are probably better off creating a new temporary one until the release version is fixed. Just hit new item in whatever folder you want it in, name it, hit browse and navigate to your downloads folder and select the executable.

3 Likes

Sep 10 11:47:48.192 [notice] Tor 0.3.2.10 (git-0edaa32732ec8930) running on Linux with Libevent 2.1.8-stable, OpenSSL 1.1.0g, Zlib 1.2.11, Liblzma 5.2.2, and Libzstd 1.3.3.
Sep 10 11:47:48.193 [notice] Tor can’t help you if you use it wrong! Learn how to be safe at https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning
Sep 10 11:47:48.193 [warn] Command-line option ‘browser’ with no value. Failing.
Sep 10 11:47:48.193 [err] Reading config failed–see warnings above.

2 Likes

Alright i will try that.
I was thinking to put it in my /bin folder since that is where the distros torbrowser-laucher is. What really made me post this was that fact that no one ever got to the point i got to. Its that tor works but it wont load anything and the button’s are null.

By any chance would you know when the release date will be?

I have been there and done what they have there. its gpg key method which i did. It’s that no one got to the point where i have got to yet. I guess we just got to wait for the release.

Hope the best on the new release…:slightly_smiling_face:

i used to see the error but i deleted the .py files and it boots but it wont load a website or anything.
I hope they fix this bug…
also il live with this for now but a temp solution is this…

Blockquote
Yeah bit of a pain eh. About adding you downloads folder tor-launcher to you applications menu, you are in luck, its easy. In you menu at the bottom left search ‘main menu’ open it up. In there you could edit the path for the current tor entry but you are probably better off creating a new temporary one until the release version is fixed. Just hit new item in whatever folder you want it in, name it, hit browse and navigate to your downloads folder and select the executable.

i have your same problem

see this topic … Tor configuration problem