Traffic LEAK by VNC & xdmcp

Did you notice that?

every kid may install traffic monitor and see this leak,

traffic stops after editing sysctl.conf and lightdm.conf and setting false flag to those servers.

Dummy hacker-os with security holes ?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64) KDE AMD64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
YES

If you believe there is potential for improvements in certain configurations, you will have to be more specific.

What data is it sending that you dont like?
How often does it send it?
What configuration changes did you make to prevent it?
Do those changes effect the functionality of the program?

every unencrypted connection (http, pop3, smtp,…) leak data on his way to the target and back.
or did you mean listen on these ports?
please explain it!

1 Like

Hello @Homeboy :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sure what you are referring to maybe an issue. Maybe share a little bit of detailed process of how to generate the error (or in this case, leak)

If you don’t mind, Please share the code modifications that causes the leak.

Be assured parrot Devs are a clever bunch. If the issue is massive, they’ll look into this in no-time

Hello Jessica, ALL

I made a clean system install and luckely I was not able to reproduce traffic leak i had earlier.

So consider this question as solved. Accept my excuses for inconvinence.

Actually, to be honest I like Parrot OS more than Kali

P.S.
But intro LOGO could be better anyway =D

Awesome!

Let us know if you find any bug or leaks that are not supposed to happen by default in the OS. Community & (Especially) Devs thrive to improve Parrot day after day :blush:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.