Trash icon not showing on desktop

Briefly describe your issue below:

The Trash icon is not showing on Desktop!
Parrot Security 3.11
Installed in VM Vitualbox on windows 7 os, (not multiboot)

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hello.
In menú System --> Preferences --> Look and Feel --> MATE Tweak --> Trash (chek it)

2 Likes

Thank you gesala! :slight_smile:-)

I already checked those options, but it is still not working. When I use my user account, everything is ok, however when I use my root account, somehow I cant right-click to desktop and I cant see icons in desktop(comp, trash, network, files etc.) If you know something how to fix it, pls share with me. By the way, my parrot version is 4.1, When I find a long time periot I am gonna upgrade everything. My concern is, if this problem continues.

The solution here is to not log in as root.

If you want to run commands as root without typing sudo, then switch users in the terminal.

1 Like

You mean, sudo su command or root terminal itself? Why do I have to do that? I want to use root account without any problem? There should be a solution.

It’s not good man :(( its not ok! user account makes me sick. why do I have to enter enter my 8 charecter root password all the time I dont get it. I tried to make my root password and user password simpler by playing /etc/securit/pwquality.conf file. But it still has limitations, this I cant get use to it, can somebody help me?

no because you cannot and will not be able to prevent malicious entities/scripts/packages/grandmothers from inheriting your immense level of privilege and use it maliciously against you (and I could be wrong but it doesn’t sound like you are wok enough acquainted with the ways Debian systems generally work; I would also suggest a Debian for beginners book of some sort maybe if your feeling nostalgic and trendy! lol have you been able to find some of the documentation that explains why this could actually be catastrophic absolutely. have you tried something like a yubikey to issue that static password on a usb device or NFC and is quick to reissue the load command

If there are commands you run often, you could add them to the sudoers file.

https://askubuntu.com/a/16201
why people need gun control if using gun can protect people?

1 Like

Guys, I am using Parrot on Vmware, I’m just using it when I’am working, I don’t think a shorter root password will cause me a problem.

So, is there any other solution than using non-root account?

You can remove the sudo password prompt.

Although i will say i dont recommend anyone do this.

So type:
sudo visudo
In there you will see this line:
%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
Change it to:
%sudo ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
Then press CTRL+s and then CTRL+x.

It will tell you if anything is wrong.

Now whenever a user in the group ‘sudo’ uses sudo, it shouldnt ask for a password.

1 Like

That’s cool man, I will try it.

I’m just curious, why you seem very against the idea of separating root actions and privs and user privs? To be honest it kind of defeats a lot of the security purposes. Is it just for convenience? I have my yubikey to give the static password at a button press so that it’s still secure but convenient

1 Like