Trouble setting up parrot

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hello, new linux user here, and I’m having trouble in setting up my new parrot system in adding a new custom screen resolution even though I precisely used the xrandr method.

Secondly, I’m having trouble moving the menu buttons from left to right with the dconf editor, since when I put in the values for moving it to the right side it doesn’t change.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Have you tried using ‘Monitor Preferences’ GUI?. You can fiind it by searching ‘Displays’ in the main menu.

By menu buttons im not sure what you mean exactly. But you can add another ‘menu button’ to the panel by right clicking where you want it and clicking ‘Add to Panel’.

I have and used “Monitor Preferences” and the max resolution I can apply for is 1366 x 768 when I want 1920 x 1080 but using xrandr won’t add my custom screen resolution for some reason.

By menu button I mean the buttons on all windows on apps, and the thing I want to do is move it left to right but when putting in the commands in gconf it won’t change the UI for somereason.

For some reason it doesnt think your monitor supports that resolution. Unfortunately i dont know much about xrandr, never used it, but you can post your command and i can have a look.

I think i am now less sure on what you mean by menu buttons, do you mean ‘exit’, ‘maximise’ and ‘minimise’ ?. Because you can edit that in dconf /org/gnome/desktop/wm/preferences/button-layout

I did on dconf but my menu buttons are still on the left side.
For the custom monitor resolution I use cvt to create a new model line then use xrandr newmode and addmode to add my custom resolution of 1920 x 1080

Yeah moving the buttons with dconf doesnt work for me either.

I can get xrandr to work when setting the preset ones, but dont know about custom ones.