Trying to move /home/ from ssd to hd while logged into OS

Please complete our guideline for issue report or idea suggestion

If you are having an issue, please follow this

There are many kinds of issues: OS, software, server, … So you must know:

• Server issues will be fixed after report and we verify the problem. There will be no update patch for you. It is server side.
  • 3rd party software / packages can’t be fixed by us. If we can spot the bug and have the fix, we will create merge request to original source and wait for their official version.
  • Life is hard. For bug/ issue, please make sure your topic is only one. Dont make developers be terrorists.
  • This is a rolling distro. Bugs and issues are expected. We recommend you have basic linux knowledge to deal with your system, so
    Usually we don’t support issues that user faces by using his system in a wrong way. If you are new to Linux, make sure you didn’t make any mistake:
  1. Basic Linux: http://linux-training.be/
  2. How to not break Debian system: DontBreakDebian - Debian Wiki or How NOT to Break your Debian System! | Average Linux User
  3. If you are having some questions, your answers might be in here: FAQsFromDebianUser - Debian Wiki
  4. Your issue might be solved before (StackOverflow is a temple), try this: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/search-engines/answering-questions/

1. Your Parrot information

• OS version: run cat /etc/*release
    DISTRIB_ID=Parrot
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=4.11
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=rolling
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Parrot OS 4.11”
    PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot OS 4.11”
    NAME=“Parrot OS”
    ID=parrot
    ID_LIKE=debian
    VERSION=“4.11”
    VERSION_ID=“4.11”
    HOME_URL=“https://www.parrotsec.org/
    SUPPORT_URL=“https://community.parrotsec.org/
    BUG_REPORT_URL=“https://community.parrotsec.org/
  • Kernel version: run uname -a
    ```
    Linux asus705-linux 5.10.0-5parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-5parrot1 (2021-03-20) x86_64 GNU/Linux

2. If you have this problem after fresh installation:

1. How did you create USB bootable?
    I used Ventoy

2. How did you install OS?
    Ventoy

3. If your hardware doesn’t work: wifi doesn’t show, graphic issue:

Hardware information

- Your device name or output of `lspci`
```

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Root Complex
00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 IOMMU
00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:01.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:01.3 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:01.7 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:08.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:08.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus A
00:08.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus B
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SMBus Controller (rev 61)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge (rev 51)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 3
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 4
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 5
00:18.6 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 6
00:18.7 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 7
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116M [GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Mobile] (rev ff)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller (rev ff)
01:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 USB 3.1 Host Controller (rev ff)
01:00.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 USB Type-C UCSI Controller (rev ff)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
03:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Kingston Technology Company, Inc. U-SNS8154P3 NVMe SSD (rev 01)
04:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Picasso (rev c1)
05:00.2 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) Platform Security Processor
05:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven USB 3.1
05:00.4 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven USB 3.1
05:00.6 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller
06:00.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 61)

```
- Did you try searching info about this issue on search engine? Please write **No** or any URL to this issue bellow

YES, but I am stuck in the middle of the procedure and I am not sure how to continue and I am afraid to stop

4. How did you get this error? Are there any steps to procedure it?

I am sorry, this is not necessarily an error. It is a procedural issue with moving home folder from ssd to hd . I was following a video tutorial on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJhUonbCKA&t=294s). I had just switched to a new laptop because the otherone failed. Instead of trying to recover my old data I started over. New machine has SSD with Win10, so I installed dual boot. I didnt understand the concept of using the ssd for the main os but using the hd for /home/. I booted the system with a live usb of parrot and tried to move /home/ that way but I had an issue that I can’t remember? But afetr watching the video I did a regular boot. My entire os was on the SSD. I started the procedure in video and I have made it as far:

sudo mv /home /home2
mv: cannot move ‘/home’ to ‘/home2’: Device or resource busy

I don’t know what to do and I am afraid to reboot in the middle of this because I don’t want issues, but since I just installed I can reinstall if necessary? I am stuck and need this machine today if possible. I am learning the system and Linux faster then I expected and I have only asked for help a few times. i usually find it myself and hate to ask because I know your time is as valuable, or more, then mine. Expedited help would be exponentially repaid , as I will be a valuable part of this community. I have servers set up with exploitable machines and I am going to start training kids to try to keep them out of trouble and give them the tools they need to have a successful career. Thanks for your time

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.